This policy addresses personal privacy matters. Its purpose is to explain, in general terms, what sort of personal information we holds and why we hold it, and how we collect, use and disclose that information. In this policy, where we refer to “you” or “your”, we are referring specifically to natural persons as opposed to other entities such as partnerships, trusts and companies.We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of any personal information individuals are required, or may choose, to give to us. This policy represents our position on the management of personal information. It also reflects the requirements of the Privacy Act and has been prepared with the assistance of publications issued by the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.How do we collect personal information?We will only ask for the personal information it reasonably requires to do business with you. Most information is obtained through online forms at our website. We may also collect personal information via phone or through hardcopy forms.
We will not collect non-publicly available personal information about you without your consent and will not buy, rent or otherwise acquire information about you from third parties (such as marketing agencies) without your prior express consent.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
The personal information we may collect about you is dependent, to some extent, upon your relationship with us. The following are some examples of the types of personal information that we may collect from individuals:
- When you sign up for our newsletter, we need only an email address, which we use to send the newsletter you requested.
- When you submit any suggestion, recommendation, or comment we also ask for your email address although we will not publish your email address without your prior approval. We may use this information to contact you in clarifying any issues you raised.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and email address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. We may also use the information collected to market certain services or products to the contestants. Where we intend to do this, it will advise the contestant of this in the contest’s terms and conditions
- We may also use the information we collect to notify you about important functionality changes to the website, new services, and special offers we think you’ll find valuable.
Personal information in our possession may be retained in archival storage. Generally we will destroy personal information after a period of seven (7) years following its collection unless it is required, or may be required, to be kept for a longer period because of the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected.Access to your personal information held by us.If you want access to your personal information held by us, you should put your request in writing and clearly identify the personal information you seek access to. This is important to ensure that the information can be retrieved quickly and cheaply. All requests for access must be addressed to The Privacy Compliance Officer (see contact details below).Depending on the circumstances, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee. For example, our reasonable administrative costs might include:
- reasonable staff costs in locating and collating the information;
- reasonable reproduction or photocopying costs; and
- reasonable costs involved in having someone explain the information to you.In some instances, we may not release the personal information. For example, if the information reveals a formula or the fine details of a commercially sensitive decision-making process, then, in these instances, we may decide to give you an explanation of the commercially-sensitive decision rather than direct access to the information.Alteration of records containing personal informationWe will take reasonable steps to correct any personal information that is inaccurate.
Our use of “cookies”
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to track site traffic patterns. We use this information to improve our design, layout and service to users. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use all of the features on our site.
Accountability and complaints handling
If you wish to make a complaint to us about a possible breach of privacy, the complaint should be in writing and clearly set out the nature of the complaint. The complaint should be addressed to The Privacy Compliance Officer (see contact details below).
Individuals inquiring about their rights and remedies for breaches of privacy can access detailed information at the Australian Privacy Commissioner’s website, www.privacy.gov.au.
How changes to this policy will be notified
Our Web Site contains links to other sites not affiliated with us. These sites have their own policies and practices about on-line privacy, and we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these unaffiliated websites.
Other Privacy issues
Whenever you post unprotected personal information on-line in areas accessible to others – eg chat areas and message boards- that information can be collected and used.
Ultimately you are the one who can best control the secrecy of your passwords and account details. You should be careful when you are online.
To contact us see below